28.2.10

Oh Canada! - Olympic Closing Ceremonies

It is with a bit of sadness that I watch the closing ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, BC, Canada.  As a Canadian, I am proud with how well Canadian athletes represented our country.  Also, I could not be happier with the way Canadians welcomed the world during these Olympic Games: "With Glowing Hearts". 

I love watching the Olympics, the stories, the defeats, and of course the triumphs.  I am thrilled with how well the Canadians did, but I am also impressed with how well ALL of the athletes performed.  So many inspiring moments and so many touching stories of hard work, determination and unrelenting perseverence.  From Alex Bilodeau winning the first gold medal for Canada on home soil, to Shaun White tearing it up on the half-pipe, and Petra Majdic from Slovenia winning her country's first olympic medal with broken ribs and a collapsed lung.  And how about those Canadian hockey teams? 

Adieu Vancouver.  Thank you for your hospitality.  See you all in Sochi, Krasnodar Krai, Russia in 2014!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails