1.3.10

Favorite Things: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment

I have never purchased a full sized Kiehl's product before I plopped down the $30CDN (or $25.50US) for the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. I'm not a huge believer in Kiehl's.  I think their products are on the most part quite overpriced for their not-that-special ingredients.  Kiehl's being owned by L'Oreal, I am not convinced that I can't get equivalent or better products in my drug store for a fraction of the price.

Having said that, I love this eye treatment.  It is the only eye cream I have ever used that results in a noticeable difference the next day.  This eye cream is basically an intense moisturizer, which is exactly what my dry undereye area needs.  This cream does not have any ant-aging properties, and what little amount of antioxidant it has is going to degrade the first few time the jar is opened, but it is the best moisturizer for my eye area.  Although this product is intensely moisturizing, it does not give me milia (the tiny white bumps you get when you use a moisturizer with is too rich).  Finally, this eye cream delivers on its promise to not migrate into the eye. So if you have dry skin like me, and your concealer tends to get flaky or cakey because of that dry skin, then you need this eye cream.  If, on the other hand, you have oily skin, then this is probably not the product for you.

If this eye treatment sounds like something your dry skin, but you are just not sure, and not ready to part with your hard earned cash to try it, do what I did.  Get a sample next time you are at a Kiehl's counter or store.  This cream is quite rich, so a little goes a long way.  So a sample will last you a long time.  I just transfered the cream from the sample packet into a clean MAC sample jar, and used it from there.  It lasted me about a month with daily use.  I have since bought a full size of this cream, because I can no longer imagine my skin care routine without it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails