5.7.10

Body Shop DeoDry Deodorant Review

The Body Shop has introduced a new deodorant range.  It contains minerals to absorb wetness and keep you dry without the need for harsh chemicals.  Right now, everything in the line is 50% off. 

I picked up the roll on deodorant in the cool and zesty scent.  The scent is fresh and herbal, and reminds me a little of the all natural bug spray I use.  But since I like that scent, I didn't mind.  I also liked that you can buy a refill for it when it runs out.  Saves on packaging waste and cost.  Nice.

However, the deodorant itself did not work for me. I sweat a lot, and definitely need something that controls wetness and odor.  This deodorant did not deliver, so I ended up smelling like a stinky old man two hours into my day.

I was determined to give this product a fair chance, and wanted to try and wear it exclusively for about a week.  I couldn't do it.  I only lasted three days.  I smelled bad.  I had pit stains.  Oh, and did I mention I smelled bad?  I mean, BAD.

So it's back to the chemical stuff for me.   Maybe if you hardly sweat at all, this will be a good option for you.  But if you are more on the sweatier side like me, stay away.  Far, far, away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought the blue version of this and hated the smell! See my post, if interested. I bought the pink one soon afterwards and tried it but it didn't work on me, either.

Unknown said...

the "all natrual" stuff never works for me either - i expect DRY and SMELL FREEE .. i don't want a whiff of anything .. so i gave up on the all natural deodarants too :o(

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

Thanks for the review! I was interested in trying it out until now. I hate that I need the chemical stuff... but I sweat a lot and NEED it.

Avery said...

I wish i read your post before I purchased it. I used this today and now my underarms smell horrible. I've never really had B.O. problems but I feel like this product exacerbated it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails