2.5.10

At the Movies - The Back-Up Plan

Of course I had to see The Back-Up Plan.  After all, it IS a chick flick - my kind of movie.

In The Back-Up Plan, Zoe (Jennifer Lopez) has her life together.  She is getting older and really wants kids, but there is no man in the picture.  So Zoe takes matters into her own hands, and goes to a sperm bank.  On the way home from her insemination appointment she meets Stan (Alex O'Loughlin).  He turns out to be someone she wants to date.  Unfortunately, just after their first official date, Zoe finds out she is pregnant.  So as Sam and Zoe start their life together, they must deal with all the trials and tribulations of a first pregnancy.

I am not usually a Lopez fan.  Maid in Manhattan - blech!  But The Plan was a funny movie.  I was definitely entertained.  There are some corny parts that I could have done without, that make me not super enthused about this one, but overal it was a decent flick.  Having said that, I would recommend it to my girl friends who enjoy a decent chick flick.

In short, it was cheese - but good cheese.

How about you - see any good movies lately?

7 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I've been wondering about this movie. No one I know has seen it so I was wondering if it was worth seeing. Thanks for the review!

C'est La Vie said...

cheese-but good cheese
how perfect haha
i really want to see this, i think now i will
i just saw how to train your dragon and that was for SURE good cheese :)

Kristie said...

I haven't been to the movies for the longest time. Looking forward to seeing Iron Man 2 with the hubby although I haven't even seen the first one..LOL.

Kaleena J. said...

it was nice reading your review. I think I might have to check it out now. I've always been kind of iffy when it comes to Jennifer Lopez movies...

Jen @ New Shade of Green said...

Wow, I saw this movie when it opened... in April I think? Did you see it in February?

Anyhoo - I agree, it's a funny, good cheese chick flick!

The Girly Tomboy said...

Jennifer - nope - I saw it in may - the date goes day/month/year...I know...confusing as I'm a month/day/year gal as well...but blogspot doesn't have that as an option!

McGriddle Pants said...

I turned it off. LITERALLY!
It was just too much watching JLo be such a wishy washy bitch to this guy, who for NO REASON was fawning over her. Just too over the top for me :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails