26.3.10

At the Movies - Alice in Wonderland


I FINALLY saw Alice in Wonderland tonight.  I felt like the last person on the planet who did not see it, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.  I enjoyed myself - it was a fun movie.  However, I think I may have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so over-hyped.  Since I've been hearing about this movie for so long, my expectations were definitely not met.  The movie dragged at times, and Johnny Depp was much better in the Pirates of the Carribean movies, than he was in Alice.  Anne Hathaway was also not that great in this movie, though I suspect that her character died a boring death in writing, so Anne never had a chance. 

On the positive side, the set design made Wonderland come alive.  The makeup, costumes and special effects made for delicious eye candy.  Helena Bonham Carter made the role of the Red Queen her own, and did a fantastic job.  Mia Wasikowska did a great job as alice.

Go see this movie if:

 ~ You want to go to the movies with your kids.

 ~ You are looking for something 'light' and 'fun' and 'a bit quirky'.

 ~ You want to see what all the fuss was about.

 ~ You want to see the special effects on th big screen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails