27.3.10

DIY: The Vanity is Officially Finished!!

I'm really happy with how this turned out.  Here are a couple of pics of the finished masterpiece!



What do you think???

Although this is not the first piece of furniture I have refinished, I learn something new with each project.  Lesons learned with this project:

   ~ I heart Benjamin Moore melamine paint.

   ~ A good electric sander saves time and sweat, and increases the quality of the finished product - worth it's weight in gold.

   ~ Ditch the brush (even the expensive ones leave streaks) and use a small foam roller whenever possible.

   ~ Take more/better 'before' pictures.

I can't wait for my next furniture refinishing project! 

For the full story, check out the rest of PROJECT VANITY.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

omg it's gorgeous!! I'd love to have that vanity. You are so talented.

The Girly Tomboy said...

Thanks! I think I'm really going to enjoy using it. The hardest part of this vanity project was finding a cheap one to refinish!

Anonymous said...

It looks so good! Great job refinishing it! You'll have to show us it in action.

Sofia said...

Love it! Now all it needs is a pretty mirror.

Magic Brush said...

Oh cute! I need to check out that brand of BM paint! I don't think our stores carry it! Love the handles on this too! STop by my painting blog and say hello sometime!

Mikalah said...

Totally gorgeous. I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails