25.3.10

Review: MAC Brush Cleanser

A fellow tomboy is going to a wedding this weekend, and called me for a makeup consult.  I brought over some brushes and makeup to pick out some colors and teach her how to apply a total 'look'.  She pulled out her pithy makeup assortment and her single face brush.  I was appalled!  No, not because she only had one face brush.  It was the sad state of the brush that made me cringe.  You see, for the last one and a half years that this tomboy owned that brush (and used it every day to apply her mineral makeup), she NEVER washed it!  It was tattered and gross looking.  The bristles were frayed and uneven.  I would have taken a picture for you, but I didn't want to offend and upset my tomboy friend.  So instead, I decided to review MAC Brush Cleanser.

I resisted buying this brush cleanser for a long time.  But as time went on, and my MAC brush collection grew, I broke down and got it.  And now I can't live without it.

I have heard people complain about this brush cleanser, because it is too expensive and it is drying on the brushes.  My last bottle of brush cleanser cost me about $15, and lasted me several months of DAILY use.  I consider that a pretty good deal for ensuring that my brushes are well maintained.

I have also not experienced problems with the cleanser being drying.  I do condition my brushes (with hair conditioner) when I deep clean them. All of my brushes are as good as the day I bought them, despite the fact that some of them are over 5 years old.

I spot clean my brushes everytime I use them - and a brush cleanser is the way to do it.  I will post a tutorial on cleaning your brushes in the next couple of days, so keep an eye out for it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails