18.3.10

DIY: Refinishing and Painting an Old Vanity

I bought this really cute vanity at a garage sale for $25 and it has spent all winter waiting to be refinished.  It's pretty beat up, and there are bits of the drawers that have broken off (luckily the previous owner saved them so they could be glued back).  I really like it though, and I will be able to fit all of my makeup into it.  It's one of those vanities that has a flip-up top with a mirror inside.  I love how girly and cute it is, but the yellow chipping paint had to go.

Now that the weather is getting nicer I was able to get on with this project.  I spent all day today sanding and gluing.  Tomorrow I will fill everything with putty, sand again, then paint.  Above is the BEFORE picture.  I will keep you posted on the progress.

For the full story, check out the rest of PROJECT VANITY.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails